Over Deze Les
What is Yin yoga?
Yin yoga is a calming practice designed to help you access the deeper tissues and musculature of the body, such as the connective tissue and fascia that encompass the joints.
Why Yin yoga is good for you?
- increases mobility and flexibility, especially in hips, sacrum and spine
- lowers stress levels
- balances energy levels
- increases health of connective tissues and joints
- deepens relaxation and improves meditation
- stimulates meridian pathways and chi flow
- promotes calmness and balanced feelings
- a positive balance to a Yang lifestyle
- supports an active Yang practice
What can you expect during class?
Working through a series of guided and supported poses, each pose is held for several minutes. You will start to cultivate a deeper awareness of your body, learn how to let go and find a deep sense of relaxation within the poses, which ultimately leads to lowering of stress levels, greater stamina and a balanced mind and body.
Yin yoga for beginners/all levels
Yin yoga is suitable for beginners and almost all levels of students because the postures need little instruction and therefore are easily accessible for everyone. This practice is perfect for those who are looking to increase flexibility and joint mobility or to improve sport performance. Yin yoga is also a great addition to a more dynamic yoga practice.
What do you need to wear?
The pace is slow so you need to wear comfortable and warm clothes.
- At your hotel: € 85 – 110 per hour (for 1-2 persons)
- At your home: € 60,00 per hour, € 80,00 per 1,5 hour
These rates are per person and based on one class at the convenience of your home, studio or at the hotel.
I took my very first yoga class at Yoga Shala in Bali. On my mat in this amazing place, my body slowly moved to the rhythm of my breath. This brought back a lot of fond teenage memories of my ballet classes at the Dance Academy. I realised how much I have missed opening up my body and feeling the energy flowing through me. That day the seed was planted and my passion for yoga started to grow.
Since then I have practiced different styles of yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Bikram and Yin. My main passion and focus is now Vinyasa and Yin especially blends these two styles into one practice, Yin Yang Yoga.
I have studied with a lot of amazing teachers who inspired me. I am eternaly grateful that they have been a part of my yoga journey.
- RYT200 Yin teacher training at Johan Noorloos teacher training Amsterdam (2015)
- RYT200 Indepth Vinyasa teacher training at Johan Noorloos teacher training Amsterdam (2014/2015)
- RYT200 Vinyasa teacher training at YogaLondon in London, England (2013-2014)
- Classical ballet training at ArtEZ Dance Academy in Arnhem, The Netherlands (1983-1993)
What you can expect in my classes In my classes
I focus on alignment, building strength and flexibility, whilst keeping the ‘dance’ flowing through breathing. The energy and calmness that comes over me in all areas of my life once I step off the mat, really inspires me. I aim to share that feeling, passion and knowledge with my students.
Let’s flow together, see you soon on the mat!!